American Girl Celebrates 25 Years of
"Since 1986, American Girl has empowered millions of girls across the
country, providing the tools and values they need to become girls—and
women—of strong character," said
25th Birthday Products and Activities
American Girl's yearlong birthday celebration includes the following exclusive products and activities in 2011:
Mini Dolls: American Girl will launch a limited-edition
historical mini doll each month throughout 2011. Collect all 12 and
showcase them on American Girl's special display shelf. Available in
stores, catalogues, and online at AmericanGirl.com, the collectible
mini dolls will be sold through
December 31, 2011, or while supplies last.
- Deluxe-Edition Historical DVDs: Discover added special features as American Girl re-releases beloved American Girl movies throughout 2011, starring favorite historical characters. The deluxe DVDs are available in stores, catalogues, and online at AmericanGirl.com.
- In-Store Celebration Events: Girls can visit their nearest American Girl store to participate in fun-filled birthday festivities featuring their favorite characters, crafts, activities, and more. Visit americangirl.com/stores/events for more details.
Share Your American Girl Memories: Starting on
May 2, 2011, American Girl is inviting fans to share their favorite American Girl moments and stories—from memories of favorite dolls and inspirational books to unforgettable experiences at our American Girl retail stores, we want to hear about them! Visit www.americangirl.com/stories to submit your story with photos and/or videos.
Birthday Cruise: On
November 19, 2011, American Girl fans will set sail from Miamito the exciting ports of call of Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and St. Kittson the sold-out Celebrity EclipseSM via Celebrity Cruises®. The cruise will feature exclusive performances, activities, and special events, providing a dream vacation for American Girl fans.
To learn more about American Girl's 25th birthday-related products and events, visit americangirl.com.
Key American Girl Milestones
Founded in 1986 by former educator and children's publisher, Pleasant T. Rowland, American Girl has earned the loyal following of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. Other interesting facts and figures about the company are as follows:
- More than 135 million American Girl® books have been sold since 1986.
- Nearly 20 million American Girl dolls have been sold through the company's catalogue, retail stores, and website since 1986.
- The American Girl catalogue ranks as one of the top 25 consumer catalogues in the country.
- American Girl magazine has a circulation of over 470,000—ranking it among the top ten children's magazines in the nation and the largest publication dedicated exclusively to girls ages eight and up.
- American Girl's proprietary retail stores have welcomed nearly 40 million visitors. The stores have won numerous awards and are recognized as premier models for experiential retail.
- The American Girl website, americangirl.com, receives 68 million visits per year.
American Girl has a long-standing commitment to children's charities
nationwide. To date, the company has donated more than
$87 millionin cash and products.
- American Girl has received an estimated 5 million letters and e-mails from girls and parents.
Viewership of American Girl's five live-action movies, created in
partnership with stars such as
Julia Roberts, Joan Cusack, and Abigail Breslin, is more than 17 million.
About American Girl
Source: American Girl
News Provided by Acquire Media