Immersive Fan Panels, Hot Toy Exclusives and Celebratory Events Round out Confab Collector Experience
"This year heralds significant milestones for
A "Masterful" 30 Year Legacy:
What began as an "Eternian" action-hero property in the 1980s, Masters of the Universe® (MOTU), has grown into a robust franchise that has spanned three-decades. The MOTU brand has had six lines of action figures, four animated television series, several comic series and a feature film all of which have received fanfare around the world. SDCC patrons can ring in the MOTU anniversary at the Mattypalooza panel on
- Vykron™ Ultimate Eternian Champion™ -- Part of the Masters of the Universe® Classics 30th anniversary line, Vykron™ is modeled after the very first He-Man® prototype pitched to
Mattelexecutives in 1982. Own a piece of MOTU history with Vykron's™ original three outfits: barbarian, spaceman, and military warrior.
- Hot Wheels® Masters of the Universe ® Volkswagen Drag Bus -- Hot Wheels® honors the 30th anniversary of the Masters of the Universe® with this commemorative 1:18 scale Volkswagen Drag Bus. A super-sized version of one of the most popular Hot Wheels® vehicles, it features a chrome-plated die-cast body with Spectraflame® purple paint, silver VUM chassis and silver exposed engine gleaming beneath the tilt-up body, and a special "MOTU 30" license plate. The custom deco chronicles the epic battle between arch rivals He-Man® and Skeletor®, with window packaging on each side showing the two scenes.
With the ever-growing SDCC fangirl community,
- Monster High® Scarah Screams™ Doll -- Last July, fans voted for the next Monster High® character — online on Facebook, MonsterHigh.com and live at SDCC. It was a close vote between Headless Headmistress Bloodgood™, Scarah Screams™ and Daughter of Arachne. Scarah Screams™, daughter of the Banshee, won the fan vote and we are excited to have her dreadful debut at SDCC!
- Polly Pocket® DC Comics Villains Set -- It's a guaranteed adventure with this trio of comic-book character costumes for Polly® and her friends! Polly®, Lila® and Lea® dolls arrive in a themed 3-pack dressed as their favorite DC Comics villains: Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and
- DC Comics Vertigo™ Death -- Some envision Death as a grim reaper or dark angel to be feared. But as created by
Neil Gaimanfor DC Entertainment'sVertigo brand, the Sandman's older sister is pretty, perky and always gets the job done! The 8-inch Death figure wears her trademark ankle necklace and comes with a skull-themed display base. The dioramic window box packaging feature artwork commissioned by Vertigo artist Jill Thompson.
- Ghostbusters™ Dana as Zuul -- The long-awaited 6" figure of
Dana Barrettas Zuul from the first Ghostbusters™ features authentic, film-accurate sculpting right down to her golden gown.
Sought-after SDCC Exclusives:
With the best properties, designers and detailed toys in the industry,
- Hot Wheels® K.I.T.T. Knight Industries Two Thousand -- Keep your scanners peeled and head straight to Hot Wheels® for the very special edition of K.I.T.T. coming to SDCC in celebration of the 30th anniversary of Knight Rider! The Knight Rider series originally aired from 1982 — 1986 on
NBC. This 1:64 scale collector's addition sits in an acrylic case nestled in distinctive Knight Industriespackaging with scanner lights and three different iconic K.I.T.T. phrases.
- Hot Wheels® Scooby-Doo! ™ The Mystery Machine -- Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Fred and Daphne would never be the meddlesome kids they are today without their trusty ride. Making its official Hot Wheels® debut at 2012 San Diego Comic-Con with a die-cast body and awesome deco, it's like, groovy, man! And to make it even better, this rad ride comes in far out Scooby Snacks packaging so you can shake the box and hear the sound of a tempting treat.
Batman™ & DC Universe:
- The Dark Knight Rises™ 6-inch Action Figure -- This film-accurate version of our hero arrives in a special "lights and sounds" package featuring the
Wayne Manorexterior and opens to reveal the Bat Cave stocked with protective battle armor and essential crime-fighting accessories.
- Tiny Titans -- They may be miniscule, but they're mighty! The core team of Tiny Titans is rendered in 1-1/2-inch scale in this five-pack of collectible figures including Robin, Raven,
Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy. Sidekick City Elementaryis just a quick bus ride away with packaging featuring specially commissioned artwork from Tiny Titans' series creator Art Balthazar.
- Cars 2012 San Diego Comic-Con Special Edition Mater -- This year's Disney•Pixar Cars special edition Comic-Con vehicle captures the hilarious scene from Cars 2 when our beloved Mater finds himself in a
Tokyobathroom stall. This memorable moment comes to life with moving side jets, as well as a jet that springs up to clean Mater's undercarriage, lifting his back wheels off the floor. Covered in suds, Mater experiences hi-tech action unlike anything he's ever seen in Radiator Springs!
Mattel Fan Activities:
A robust schedule of
Go Backto the Future™ with the Mattel Hoverboard Experience! Fans of the timeless sci-future-fi will be able to get up close and personal with the iconic Hoverboard with a movie-inspired prop replica. Featuring signature sound effects and cool 80s retro design the Hoverboard experience will whisk fans down memory lane to scenic Hill Valley, Californiawhere McFly's rule!
- If you want to talk about Mattel's WWE action figures with some of the top WWE Superstars then don't miss a minute of this exciting panel! Be the first to get a sneak peek at upcoming products and hear exciting announcements about the 2013 line. Join CM Punk™, Sheamus™, Zack Ryder™ along with
Matteltoy designers Bill Miekinaand Derek Handy, and Mattel's Enrique Ruvalcaba, Director of Marketing, for an action-packed Q&A!
- Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Universe™, Ghostbusters™ and New Mystery Line! This year's Mattypalooza will be bigger and better than ever! Get all the latest info on your favorite
Mattelcollector lines, like Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Universe™, Ghostbusters™, and a brand new mystery line from MattyCollector.com! For all the insider intel, don't miss the Q & A with Matteltoy designer Ruben Martinez, Mattel brand manager Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich and special guests The Four Horsemen. It's the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles, including the unveiling of the 30th Anniversary MOTU Create a Character contest winner!
- Fans of
Mattel'spopular DC Comics toy lines will find out all the latest news, sneak peeks, and behind-the-scenes scoop on their favorite Mattel/DC Comics action figures, including kid and collector releases from Batman™, DC Universe, and more. Get a look at how a toy line is created and participate in the Q&A with a panel of Matteland Warner Bros. toy team members! Panel attendees will see exciting product line reveals and get some super super hero giveaways!
- Freaky is About to Get Fabulous in
San Diego, Friday the 13th! Dress up as your favorite ghoul and come celebrate a freaky fab Friday the 13th at the Monster High® panel for a chance to win prizes for best-costume! Join the toy designers, animation producers and voice talent of Monster High® and check out new ghoul revels as well as exclusive scenes from our first ever DVD — Monster High™: Ghouls Rule! ( October 2012, in partnership with Universal Studios).
Can't Make The Con? Collectibles near you!
SDCC isn't the only place to get great
DC COMICS: DC SUPERHEROS, TINY TITANS and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
General Motors Trademarks used under license to
Ghostbusters:TM & © 2012
SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.
WB SHIELD: TM & ©
Volkswagen trademarks, design patents and copyrights are used with the approval of the owner Volkswagen AG.
Knight Rider and K.I.T.T licensed through
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50337045&lang=en
News Provided by Acquire Media